Modesto ALL-ON-4™ Denture Implant Specialist
Philip Openshaw D.D.S. has provided dental care to Modesto area residents for over 25 years. He earned his undergraduate degree at Brigham Young University and his dental degree at Baylor College off Dentistry. Annually attending over thirty hours of continuing education courses enables Dr. Openshaw to stay at the forefront of dentistry so that he can provide optimal care to his patients. He regularly attends courses focusing on implants, Invisalign, CEREC – single visit crowns, screw retained dentures, laser periodontal services, oral conscious sedation and oral surgery, so that the most current treatment options are available to his patients.
Allure Dental Studio is a nationally recognized Dental laboratory specializing in the treatment of the fully edentulous patient (someone missing all their teeth).Their specialists are considered leaders in the field of dental implants. They will be present during your surgery to assist Dr. Openshaw with the fabrication of your provisional hybrid bridge and again for the final restoration.They have done many of these procedures and will be a great asset during your treatment.
The Modern Solution for All Missing Teeth
If you have lost or are about to lose all of your teeth, traditional dentures are not the best solution. Dentures and partial dentures can, at times, be painful, inconvenient, and unstable; which can lead to further complications with the mouth and jaw.
Dentures are bulky,which makes chewing food difficult, leading many to stop eating or digesting many of the foods they once enjoyed.The chewing capacity of a person with natural teeth is 100%, but with an upper denture it drops down drastically to 30%, and a lower denture will drop another 20% further, leaving you with only 10% of your natural capacity.
An upper denture also covers your palate, blocking many taste buds from enjoying the food you are chewing.
Dentures are often unstable due to the lack of retention and at times can create some uncomfortable moments when the appliance flies out of your mouth. They are not aesthetically pleasing and often make wearers look older than they really are.
However, modern dentistry has the solution to resolve this issue: the All-On-4 treatment concept.
An All-On-4 restoration will provide patients with a chewing capacity of 90%+, restoring one’s chewing abilities nearly back to their natural level.
An Efficient Treatment Option
The All-On-4 treatment concept replaces your missing teeth with a full dental bridge supported by only four dental implants. With fewer implants needed, the overall treatment, healing time, and cost is substantially reduced. The unique All-On-4 solution also ensures greater stability in the bone, which reduces the need for bone graft surgery,which can be painful, requires a much longer healing period, and can be more costly.
Our team of experts can place temporary provisional teeth on the same day of surgery.
These provisional teeth look and feel much like natural teeth and allow you to lead a normal life immediately after surgery. After just a few months of healing time, our team will deliver your final, beautiful smile in about three easy and painless appointments. Your quality of life will dramatically improve and you will be able to enjoy your favorite foods again.
Your smile will positively change many aspects of your life, resulting in a more confident, younger-looking, and happier you.
Benefits of an ALL-ON-4™ Restoration
- One location for all appointments
- Dr. Openshaw will provide your care from start to finish
- Cost-effective solution
- Scientifically documented for over 15 years
- May reduce the need for bone grafting
- Faster treatment and healing time
What Patients Say About ALL-ON-4™ Treatment
“When I found out that I was going to lose all my teeth due to health issues, the idea of wearing dentures horrified me. I am only fifty years old, and I could not accept the fact that I was going to look like an old man. The All-On-4 treatment was able to give me back a beautiful smile. Actually, it looks better than before. “
“I hated when my denture came out of my mouth when I laughed, or ate. It was so embarrassing, especially around my family. Now my teeth are beautiful, and they are anchored to my implants.They feel like my natural teeth.”
“I feel 25 years younger, I can eat whatever I want… it motivated me to lose thirty pounds. I feel great!”
“It is amazing that I had the surgery and my brand new teeth all on the same day. To my surprise, I felt pretty good the next day too. I should have done this sooner.”
“My teeth use to look so bad that I learned to hide my smile. That is not the person that I am, I actually love to smile, but I was too self-conscious. Now I am back, smiling the way I should be.”
“My grandpa used to have scary teeth. They were so long, cracked and dark. Now my Grandpa looks very nice and he does not scare me anymore.”
TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR THE FULLY EDENTULOUS PATIENT
Crown and Bridge
- Results in a beautiful smile depending on the gum and smile line. 100% of normal biting strength
- It is permanent and doesn’t come out
- Provides good lip support
- There is a implant for every tooth – 14 implants per arch
- Easy to maintain and floss
- Can be done in stages. Improves the taste of most foods
- High cost
- Not for everyone
- Still need regular check-ups and excellent home care
- Relatively inexpensive tooth and gingival replacement
- Provides lip support
- Easy to remove and clean outside the mouth
- Uncomfortable and difficult to eat or taste most regular foods
- Leads to bone loss acceleration
- Often requires many extra relining appointments and can cause difficult and/or unnatural speech patterns
- Requires creams/ adhesive to reduce risk of denture falling out of patient mouth
- Approximately 10% functionality compared to natural teeth
2 to 4 Implants Over Denture (Removable)
- Big improvement for lower denture
- LowerJaw only needs 2 implants
- Big improvement for upper jaw
- Upper jaw only needs 4 to 5 implants
- Upper palate free of acrylic
- Both upper and lower easy to remove and clean outside mouth
- Improves the taste of most foods
- Lower jaw may still move when chewing or speaking
- Needs to be checked twice a year for maintenance and cleaning, occasional replacement of parts
All-On-4™ Implant Fixed Bridge (Hybrid)
- Improves functionality to 90% in comparison to natural teeth
- No bone grafting needed in most cases,which keeps cost and healing time to a minimum
- Provides provisional prosthesis same day of surgery
- Preserves bone and soft tissue
- 95% success rate over 30 years
- Provides natural and very aesthetically pleasing results
- Allows you to eat the food you want, when you want
- Able to clean fixed implant bridge as you would natural teeth
- Easy to maintain
- Needs to be checked twice a year for maintenance and cleaning