Are you looking for cosmetic dentistry in Modesto, CA? Look no further than Dr. Openshaw!
Cosmetic dentistry is designed to provide patients with teeth that are evenly spaced, attractively shaped, white and healthy. Treatment typically focuses on tooth flaws that show when you talk, smile, eat or laugh. Procedures can involve just one tooth or all visible teeth.
Why Choose Cosmetic Dentistry?
Your smile is one of the first features people notice when they meet you. Some people naturally have great looking teeth, but most of us need a little help to get a smile that makes us look our best. It’s not unusual for patients with flawed teeth to feel embarrassed or self-conscious about their smile. Cosmetic dentistry is designed to help you feel more confident about your appearance. Most treatments are minimally invasive and not too time-consuming.
Some of the Problems Dr. Openshaw can correct:
- Minor chips along the edges of teeth
- Surface cracks that make the enamel look broken
- Gaps between teeth
- Stained enamel or dark dentin (the layer underneath the enamel)
- Teeth that looks too short or stubby
- Teeth that are irregularly shaped
- Metal amalgam fillings that show when you smile
- Gum tissue that is uneven or that covers up too much of your teeth
- Missing teeth (this where cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry overlap)
Who is a Candidate for Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dental treatment works best for patients who have good oral health. The goal of treatment is primarily to improve the appearance of teeth and gums that are already functioning well with little or no decay, disease or damage. Some cosmetic dentistry procedures are not suitable for patients who have extensive dental prosthetics. For example, tooth whitening only works on natural tooth enamel. If you have a porcelain crown on a front tooth and whiten the rest of your teeth, your crown may no longer match the color of the surrounding enamel.
For more information about Cosmetic Dentistry in Modesto, CA, please feel free to call our office or email us.